Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've been searching for a while for finding a French-to-French dictionary and I found nothing. Is there any good such dictionary?

Note: I want to use it on my laptop like longman, I do not need any printed dictionary because I can not use any (they're big).

share|improve this question

4 Answers 4

Le Littré is a well known french dictionary, download its freeware here.

Le Robert is another well known french dictionary, you can download it here (10 days trial).

share|improve this answer

Or you could try XMLittré at francois.gannaz.free.fr/Littre/accueil.php if you don't want to download anything. –  ouiliame Feb 26 '12 at 22:00

I find Antidote to be a great electronic dictionary. It contains twelve dictionaries, eleven grammar guides, a powerful spellcheck and other useful information like synonyms, antonyms, conjugation tables and cooccurrences (words that work well together). It is a bit expensive though.

+1 for this awesome tool. I had a lexicology teacher who'd use it every now and then while teaching, for additional insights on his examples. –  Nikana Reklawyks Oct 17 '12 at 13:32

Some ressources linked here comes from providers having a standalone version.

Thanks but I don't need online resource:( –  undone Feb 26 '12 at 8:32

There is the Franqus, a web french dictionary made in Quebec (contains more informations about French American words).

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.