Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've just run into a collocation “décologie administrative”. The context: “La mission de contrôle (...) n’a pas respecté la décologie administrative”. I cannot really understand the meaning of this or identify what the author had in mind, taking into consideration that (s)he could make a mistake. My guess is that (s)he confused it with “déontologie”. Any idea?

share|improve this question
It does look like the author made a mistake, décologie is a rare word (a recent coinage, I think, meaning [the study of] interior decoration). Can you give a little more context? With what you posted, déontologie was probably meant. –  Gilles May 13 '12 at 19:58

There is not really much context, except that it concerns "contrôle dans le site de mise en place des plantations". I've been thinking about this "decologie" a lot and now it seems to me that the only possibility is that the author must have confused it with "deontologie". Thank you. –  ghul May 14 '12 at 8:47
add comment

closed as too localized by Stéphane Gimenez, Kareen, Circeus, F'x May 22 '12 at 7:59

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.