Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Tu es meme en train de te rendre compte que malgre la deference que tu as pour lui, ce maitre est moins intelligent que toi.

So especially the first part I can't understand as a whole, only bits. So what I get is:

You are on your way to rendering yourself accountable even against the respect that you have for him, this master is less intelligent than you.

So that's the best that I can translate it, but it makes no sense. Am I missing some other meaning to these expressions.

Btw, this is a phrase from a comic book that I'm currently reading.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Stéphane Gimenez, Ardalan Shahgholi, Alexis Pigeon, Zistoloen, Hugo Dozois Jun 8 '13 at 19:25

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Se rendre compte is roughly to realize. I think this should help with parsing the rest of the sentence correctly. Adding a comma before malgré might also be of some help. –  Stéphane Gimenez Jun 8 '13 at 9:09

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Thanks to Stéphane, I can now translate the phrase as:

You are on the way to realizing that despite your respect for him, your master is less intelligent than you.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.