Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

There are a lot of resources to learn French on the internet. But now I need to learn, and train in the use of French as spoken in Québec. I am interested specifically in audio and video material in order to get used to the accent and pronunciation.

share|improve this question
Hi Pablo, welcome to FL&U! There seems to be a consensus that we don't want to accept these questions about “resources for learning French”, and would rather keep the discussion on the site on the language itself. As such, I voted to close this question. –  F'x Aug 29 '11 at 15:03
Pablo, there are a lot of Québécois musicians, like Les cowboys fringants (folksy rock), Manu militari, Koriass, and Papaz (the last three are rap.) There are also a lot of great movies from Québec, like C.R.A.Z.Y., Le déclin de l'empire américain, Jésus de Montréal, Bon cop bad cop, and the list goes on. And best of all is the fact that if you speak standard French there, you'll be understood. Good luck! –  Brennan Vincent Aug 29 '11 at 16:19

@F'x. Hi, there isn't enough answers or votes on meta to say that there is a consensus on that topic. There is a YES with 2 votes and a NO with also 2 votes. Where is the consensus? Look at my post on meta. –  Pablo Aug 29 '11 at 16:48

@Brennan, merci beaucoup. Pouvez-vous placer cette commentaire comme une réponse? –  Pablo Aug 29 '11 at 16:59
@Fx There is no such consensus. This strikes me as a question that could throw up some useful answers. I vote to reopen. –  Jez Aug 30 '11 at 8:31
show 2 more comments

closed as not constructive by F'x, Un francophone, Dave, Brennan Vincent, LudoMC Aug 29 '11 at 17:07

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.