Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

When trying to understand a word it helps me to see the word in relation to it's antonyms.

Is there a website that gives me a list of the antonyms for every French word?

share|improve this question

closed as too broad by Zistoloen, M42, Alexis Pigeon, Patrick Sebastien, Hugo Dozois Oct 16 '13 at 20:27

There are either too many possible answers, or good answers would be too long for this format. Please add details to narrow the answer set or to isolate an issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Perhaps you should edit your post to be less broad... "every French word".... no dictionary has such a thing. It may be useful to add specific details to your question about the problem you are having as well. –  Patrick Sebastien Oct 14 '13 at 22:36

@PatrickSebastien : The results I got where exactly what I wanted. If you have other resources that list antonyms that you consider to be useful, feel free to post them as well. –  Christian Oct 15 '13 at 12:03

2 Answers 2

You could try Crisco, provided by Caen University, it gives synonyms and antonyms.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.