Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In a book "Gafi le fantome", there is an expression "une pilule de mirliti". I think it means some medicine for a cold, but I cannot find the meaning of "mirliti". Anyone knows the meaning? I appreciate any help.

share|improve this question
I'd suspect it to be an imaginary substance. –  Stéphane Gimenez Jan 27 at 13:54

@StéphaneGimenez: I agree, Les contes de Mirliti are a children's French books series. We're getting much into children's literature at the moment. –  Laure Jan 27 at 14:06
This question appears to be off-topic because it is about an expression which refer to a character of a book which isn't used outside that book. –  Un francophone Jan 27 at 18:04

Thank you Laure. I'm sorry Un francophone. I agree this should be off-topic and to be closed. –  noel_lapin Jan 28 at 12:42
add comment

closed as off-topic by Un francophone, Ardalan Shahgholi, Alexis Pigeon, M42, Hugo Dozois Jan 30 at 21:10

• This question does not appear to be about French language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer

up vote 1 down vote accepted

Mirliti seems to be the name of a mouse character (equivalent of the Tooth fairy) in the "Contes de Mirliti". See the summary of the book.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.