Take the 2-minute tour ×
French Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the French language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

This question already has an answer here:

What are some of the books you can name that a beginner learner of French can read if he can read Le Petit Prince with occasionally peeping into a dictionary?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Kareen, M42, Alexis Pigeon, Alexandre Vaillancourt, Stamm Mar 10 at 17:29

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

2 Answers 2

Sometimes it can be easy to read books in French that you already know in English - the first few Harry Potters, for example. It can be tough going, but you already know the storyline, and a lot of words you don't know will become obvious from the context and your prior knowledge, cutting down on the story-breaking dictionary checks.

share|improve this answer

Sure. I do something similar to this: read programming manuals or texts on other subjects I'm familiar with. –  fremmedehenvendelser Mar 10 at 16:30

You can also read some newspapers or magazines. That's what I do to learn english :).

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.