Tag Info

New answers tagged


Since other people have described usage in France, I'll talk about Canada. In Quebec, le collège is a stage of education that's intermediate between high school and university (from 17 to 19 or 20 years of age). It is compulsory to obtain a two- or three-year college diploma before entering university. Public colleges are also called cégeps. For francophone ...


College (American) = Université (French). Highschool (American) = Lycée (French).


The Foreign Service Institute of the Department (FSI) of State estimates the time to learn French for native english speakers at General Professional Proficiency to 600 class hours. See http://web.archive.org/web/20071014005901/http://www.nvtc.gov/lotw/months/november/learningExpectations.html which will give you more informations about their students and ...

Top 50 recent answers are included