I really can't find in any dictionary how the thing below is called in French; it's the watch strap pin in English (called an axis in some other languages, it's the thing that attaches the strap to the wrist watches).

a watch strap pin


3 Answers 3


It is called barette or pompe.


A watch strap pin is called une barrette in French.


The term used by watchmakers is 'pompe'.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.