Button Pin

I'm having a hard time finding out what does it mean.

closed as off-topic by Un francophone, Toto, Laure, Sifu, Evpok Nov 25 '14 at 16:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Please look up the meaning of words or expressions in a dictionary first. If you did so and found nothing satisfactory, mention that in your question. Do give context for where you heard or saw the word." – Un francophone, Toto, Laure, Sifu, Evpok
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

We are not a translation service so we appreciate OPs to say what they have found so far and why they do not think it's good enough for their purpose. – jlliagre Nov 19 '14 at 7:42
    Where did you get the badge? – octosquidopus Nov 19 '14 at 16:42
  • Search it first.. Takes few seconds – Sifu Nov 20 '14 at 1:17

The meaning of this sentence is not specific to French language. You can translate it directly and then try to understand by yourself. It looks like an old badge probably worn by "walkman" users, when such a device was considered as very "high-tech".

As Gregala wrote, it is probably a badge worn by early Walkman adopters from back when it was considered a high-tech device.

The word "baladeur" was created by the Office québécois de la langue française back in 1989. In France, the Commission générale de terminologie et de néologie accepted the word in 2000. It is a neologism for "Walkman" that comes from the verb "balader," which means to wander around, to take for a walk, to stroll.

The sentence means: "I wander around with my own ambient music."

"... my own ambient music" is spot on, but either "... my own background music" or "... my own mood music" would probably work, too. – Papa Poule Nov 19 '14 at 17:01

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.