I know Académie Française covers orthography beyond just how to spell words.
I also know Académie Française encompasses differences between the various French-using countries.
I'm interested to know if Académie Française clarifies how to format references to amounts of money, including:
- Whether the currency symbol is to the left or right of the price
- Whether using a symbol such as
€means a different format to using
- Which symbol to use as thousands separator
- Which symbol to use as decimal point
- Whether different French-using countries differ on any of these points
- Whether the rules also cover the formatting of foreign currencies
There is an article on Wikipedia which lists in a table:
€ Language Euro sign usage French 6,28 €
But I want to know what the Academy has to say.