Is my grammar right, have i wrote anything wrong? please tell me because I am trying to learn :-). Dans l'avenir, j'espère d'obtenir de bonnes notes à l'école et de réussir dans la vie. I have tried to research about it, but found nothing. I used a dictionary and I'm trying...

closed as off-topic by Laure, Stéphane Gimenez Feb 8 '15 at 16:41

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "We are not a text translation or proofreading service. If you're translating into French, be specific about the word or expression you want help with, and explain the meaning and provide context. If you're asking about the correctness of a sentence, tell us which specific word or construction you are unsure about." – Laure, Stéphane Gimenez
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Please visit the the help centre and say exactly what is your problem. – Laure Feb 8 '15 at 16:01
  • This question may provide some insight for using avenir. It is also valued to describe the research you did when you don't find something. Why not try feeding in the future to Collins for instance. – user3177 Feb 8 '15 at 19:21

" Dans l'avenir, j'espère obtenir de bonnes notes à l'école et réussir dans la vie "

Depending on what you want to tell, " à l'avenir " may be more correct.

You can trust me as I'm french ;)

To be more precise ;)

"à l'avenir" has the following connotation: "It hasn't been the case in the past, but from now I will make my best for it to be". = example here: I used to have bad grades, but it is going to change.

"Plus tard" may also be used, it is used towards a time you can't exactly imagine, or at least you haven't reached yet. Example here: I'm not going to school yet, but when it will be the case, I wan't to have some good grades.

Hoping it has been useful :)

French Language is not a translation service. And by the way, I am French too and does not agree with your sentence in French. – Laure Feb 8 '15 at 16:00
  • Bonjour! En quoi n'êtes-vous pas d'accord avec la phrase ci-dessus? Je crois avoir été assez claire. Par ailleurs, il ne s'agit pas ici de traduction, mais de correction. Vos souhaits quant à l'utilisation de ce site sont donc exaucés, au cas où la question de traduction vous dérangerait. Meilleures salutations. – A.A.-S. Feb 8 '15 at 16:04
    In the future se dit "à l'avenir" en Français, "dans l'avenir" n'est pas correct ici."French Language is not a text translation or proof reading service" I think this is clear enough. – Laure Feb 8 '15 at 16:06
  • (by the way... he/she/it does not agree, but you don't* or **do not !):) – A.A.-S. Feb 8 '15 at 16:07
  • Quant à "à l'avenir", cela est précisé également. :) – A.A.-S. Feb 8 '15 at 16:08

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.