I'm trying to translate the phrase "Tastes great warm too!" as for a drink that you can have warm as well as cold (think tea and iced tea). Someone suggested I use

"Tout aussi bon chaud!"

Is that a good translation for what I am trying to convey? The language choice can be "youthful" but I want to avoid slang (especially since it needs to be properly understood in Quebec). If it is not a good translation what should I use instead?

As a francophone of Quebec, this is a correct translation. Another idea could be: ''C'est (or Ça goûte) bon, même chaud''! – Archa Jun 29 '15 at 2:02
    @Archa "ca goute bon" may be correct in Quebec, but not in France. – Steven Jun 29 '15 at 4:31
    You can express it as "tout aussi delicieux chaud que froid"/"aussi bon chaud que froid" . thats a bit different from your original idea but something that you can see on french products at the supermarket for example. – Steven Jun 29 '15 at 4:33
    The following advertising uses the (very "advertising") sentence : "Toujours un délice, chaud ou froid". Could be a good inspiration in your case... – Laurent S. Jun 29 '15 at 9:01

Your first idea is usable as it is. Let's see the possible variants :

(I assumed that in your case, the cold way is the normal way to have this beverage)

Se consomme/boit également chaud (rather neutral)

Peut aussi être consommé/bu/pris chaud (a bit less formal than the first)

A essayer chaud / A essayer chaud (slightly playful)

Servez-le froid ou... chaud ! (playful)

And if you don't need to be laconic, you can even introduce these with something like Pour varier les plaisirs, ...

(and I didn't want to "steal" Archa's suggestion in his/her comment, but it also seems a good variant to me)

| improve this answer | |
    J'aime particulièrement ta 4e proposition ! – Yohann V. Jun 29 '15 at 6:36

Well, taking off from what we see on some drinks cans, se boit frais ou chaud ?

| improve this answer | |
  • Good point here : depending on the beverage, frais can be prefered to froid, mostly because in french it not only means "cold" but also conveys a "freshness" connotation. – RomainValeri Jun 29 '15 at 15:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.