For example:

I'll give you £25 for it

I want 50

30?

40?

Deal

Is there a similar word or phrase in French for “deal”? Or you just say something like “I agree” or something like that?

• "Marché conclu" is IMO the most used, but "deal" is also used alot in the canadian french vocabulary.
    – IEatBagels
    Oct 19, 2015 at 18:38

6 Answers 6

Simple :

D'accord !

Courant :

Marché Conclu ! Vendu !

Familier :

ça marche ! On fait comme ça ! C'est parti !

Familier spécial:

Vas-y

(Vas-y à ici la valeur de "C'est parti !", c'est extrêmement familier, c'est un langage particulièrement utilisé par les jeunes) Vas-y est d'ailleurs souvent utilisé avec "On fait comme ça":

"Je t'en donne 25$
30 ?
27 !
Vas-y, on fait comme ça !"

Le plus important étant de conclure la transaction avec une poignée de main sincère.

• Chosen as answer for giving the most comprehensive answer. Thanks
    – dVyper
    Oct 15, 2015 at 11:18
  • +1 pour "vendu"
    – XouDo
    Jan 17 at 21:46

marché conclu! is the most appropriate and more widely used. But you can express that in many other ways such as: affaire conclue! , ça marche! ... and so on.

You might say "Tope-là", offering your hand and the deal is sealed when the other party hit it with his/her own hand à la "give me five."

You can say D'accord ! or Marché conclu !

You can also say:

Va pour [price reached] !

As a french canadian, i would say :

deal

We use the same word. If you want to use a french word you could use

parfait !

that means "perfect ! " or

vendu !

that means "sold".

"Vendu" and "Marché conclu" (lkl's answer) are definitely the most appropriate in this context.
    – Puzzled
    Oct 14, 2015 at 7:02
  • I agree with Puzzled. But "deal" also works, and "parfait" is not a good answer imo :)
    – Random
    Oct 14, 2015 at 8:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.