Quel est le sens de "Qu'en", et quand puis-je l'utiliser ?

Please note that I am a very beginner in French.

Pouvez-vous donner des exemples d'utilisation ? – Random Nov 30 '15 at 16:30
    “Qu'en” is simply “que + en”, the difficulty is the word “en”, which has many slightly different uses, are you familiar with it? – Relaxed Nov 30 '15 at 17:07
    This sequence of two words can be used in so many contexts that asking for a translation is meaningless. Give us the full sentence you're having trouble with. – Gilles 'SO nous est hostile' Nov 30 '15 at 17:34
  • @Gilles I was having a french exam to determine my level ( although I am a beginner), one of the quetions was to fill in the blank by " Quand , Quant, Qu'en". I am some how familiar with Quand and Quant, but the difficulty for me was with Qu'en. I googled trying to understand how to use it, but it seems for me very complicated. – Nizar Nov 30 '15 at 18:12
    en as a pronoun refers to the noun after de / de la / du (the quantifier that means some, many, etc. Don't confuse with de meaning from ("Je viens de loin"), or with possession ("Le père de mon ami)). "Veux-tu lui donner du pain?" -> "Veux-tu lui en donner?" (you can find m'en is a shortcut for me en). Translation ("Can you give him some bread? Can you give him some?" "Que penses-tu de mon idée?" -> "Qu'en penses-tu?" (What do you think of my idea? What do you think of it?) – Guile Dec 1 '15 at 23:07

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.