How would i say verbs without a subject. Ex (in english) Do the dishes. (what verb conjugation would I use)
By conjugating the verb in the imperative (only possible with tu, vous and nous, of course).
To say "Do the dishes", you would therefore say:
Faites la vaisselle.
Fais la vaisselle.
That would be the imperative mood, just as in English.
French has an imperative, it works the same as the English one with 3 forms in the present tense instead of 1 for English:
- fais la vaisselle (TOI/YOU => 2sg)
- faisons la vaisselle (NOUS/WE => 1pl)
- faites la vaisselle (VOUS/YOU => 2pl)
Actually, these forms have a subject but it is not expressed outside the verb. On the other hand, infinitives do not have subjects in French or English:
- to do the dishes is boring
- faire la vaisselle n'est pas amusant