My French teacher says a couple of expressions pretty often. Some of them I understand, but there's an expression I cannot figure out what it means. The problem is I can't google it because I don't know how to write it, all I know is that it sounds something like bee-ah, and that it is used like a filler, along with c'est a dire. That may be all, or just a part of it. I know it's not much, but that's all I can say.

Maybe she says bien. It means good. – milk2go Dec 16 '15 at 22:18
    You should not be too assertive. There is absolutely no doubt what you describe is bien, which means "well" here, not "good" by the way. – jlliagre Dec 17 '15 at 0:45
    Is your teacher a terrorist? If not, then you are lucky because you can ask her directly. – user6768 Dec 17 '15 at 2:09
    I agree with @Begueradj, it is very hard to guess with so few elements, you'd better ask your teacher... :) – Random Dec 17 '15 at 8:11
    I'm not going to class anymore, this was something I just never asked and was curious about, but thanks you all for the feedback! – Yay Dec 17 '15 at 8:16

Could it be “b.a.-ba” \be.a.ba\?

Le b.a.-ba” is the very basic knowledge of a topic. It comes from the use of phonics as a means of teaching reading: a b followed by a a is pronounced ba – it’s the very first phoneme you can write using the alphabetical order.

I'm puzzled by how this can match what the OP has heard and reported as "Bee-ah". Either the teacher was talking in French and that would have been transcripted "Bay-ah bah" or in English and that would have been something like "Bee-Ay Bay". – jlliagre Dec 19 '15 at 20:22

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.