I'm writing my CV in French. How should I translate the following words and phrases into French?

• Awards: prize for something

• Honors: Outstanding Graduate of University ABC (Top 5%), recipient of Dean’s List, Graduated with highest distinction

• Achievements

• Awards : Récompenses
  • Honors : Mentions
  • Achievements : Normally, i use 'Réalisations'. 'Succès' is an less used alternative. It means things you've managed to achieve.
| improve this answer | |

In the context of a CV, here is how I would translate this words (as a french native) in order of preference:

• Awards: Prix, récompenses
  • Honors: Mentions would be the correct translation, but it would feel a little weird to write "Mentions: diplomée de l'université ABC..." Because the word Mentions is use with the french Baccalauéat, like "Baccalauréat S mention bien". I would prefer to write this kind of things in the education part.
  • Achievements: Réalisations, which is more neutral than Succès, but the two are ok. Maybe you could give us more informations about the content.

Awards: un prix, Honors: mention très bien, For the word "achievements" do you want to say like experiences and internships or skills ?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.