I am looking for list/or just some recommendations on modern French fiction books/writers for French language learners. Modern because I want to see plain and modern language close to real spoken language of today. Fiction because I want gripping narrative/easy story flow so that I wish make it to the end and repeat more than once. I prefer to try and find something in audio book format for my learning - but to begin with I just want to see recommendation of books/authors. I'm somewhere between A2/B1 levels but I do not want any simplified/adopted for learners book.

closed as too broad by guillaume girod-vitouchkina, Quidam, Laure SO - Écoute-nous, Yohann V., Un francophone Mar 29 '16 at 14:47

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

what do you mean by "for French language learners" ? regular book with easy vocabulary, like, for teenagers ? something else ? And what would be the list of requirement ? (length, rude langage, etc). Beside, I've no idea what A2/B1 level is. – Fabrice NEYRET Mar 26 '16 at 2:41
  • No I'm adult language learner and I do want original books (not adjusted for learners) to complement my learning. I just indicated my level to give an idea that plain language will be useful for me, but I'm ready listen "real" language till I be able to understand it. For A2/B1 refer to CEFR - Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and its Common reference levels, there is good Wikipedia article on this. – Mikhail Mar 27 '16 at 7:33

Why not Maxime Chattam books ? :)

• Thanks for recommendation, I will give it a try, though I would prefer something a bit more realistic maybe instead of Steven King type of fiction :) But I need to give it try before giving any further opinions – Mikhail Mar 25 '16 at 9:39

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.