is this correct? J'ai fait ma scolarité de Mount Carmel école

1 Answer 1


You could say things like :

J'ai fait ma scolarité à l'école de Mont-Carmel (if you want to translate even the school's name)


J'ai fait ma scolarité à l'école "Mount Carmel" (which would be the best choice in my opinion)

In both sentences, ma scolarité can be replaced by mes études.

École can be replaced by université or faculté. École is said when you are in something like an engineering/business school, while the other ones would be more adapted for actual colleges.

  • and how about word "graduation"? it equivalent word in french? Commented Jun 5, 2016 at 19:05
  • 1
    If you wish to say "I graduated from" etc., one way to say it is "Je suis diplômé de (l'école)", or "j'ai eu mon diplôme à (l'école)".
    – Sake
    Commented Jun 5, 2016 at 19:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.