I found this in a French Facebook page:

Les vrais amis sont les gens rares demandent de vos nouvelles et se soucient vraiment de la réponse.

Why does the "les gens rares" go immediately to a conjugated verb without a "qui"? Could someone help me understand this sentence?

I'd translate it literally as:

Real friends are the few people ask about your news and really worry about the response.

Shouldn't the "demandent" be "qui demandent" or "demandant"?

Also why is there a "de" that follows after the "demandent"? Shouldn't it just be "demandent vos nouvelles"?

closed as off-topic by Stéphane Gimenez Aug 20 '16 at 9:14

• This question does not appear to be about French language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You are right. It should be "qui demandent". "Demandant" is also possible but it requires that you also change "se soucient" into "se souciant". – SteffX Aug 19 '16 at 17:13
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about a typo, not about French. You can ask such questions in the chat instead. – Stéphane Gimenez Aug 20 '16 at 9:14
  • Sorry, I thought it was a grammar rule that I hadn't known prior – Marco Ruben Abuyuan Llanes Aug 20 '16 at 9:15

There is indeed a missing qui in this sentence.

Les vrais amis sont les gens rares qui demandent de vos nouvelles et se soucient vraiment de la réponse.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.