How do you say the scientific version of singularity, like the infinitely dense center of a black hole?


Same word applies: "une singularité". You may use "une singularité gravitationnelle" when you are talking about a "trou noir".

When talking about singular functions, in a broader sense, I am trying to promote the nice French word of "affût" (in similarity to "sharp"), but without much success so far.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.