I would like to send my French host family a guestbook for their toilet as a whimsical gift. I would like to inscribe something on the first page to inspire people to write in. I need to decide what kind of words would be appropriate. What would you advise me to write?

"chers visiteurs des toilettes" ?

Is this correct? How would you greet them?

Here's an example of a Bathroom Guest Book from The Awesomer.

• I know it's a joke but I wonder if a "Livre d'or des toilettes" would really be appreciated as a present by most French people unless perhaps, your host family is actually in Groland ;-) – jlliagre Dec 6 '16 at 23:27
  • There is already at least one of these in French (here)[e-leclerc.com/espace+culturel/produit/… though. – jlliagre Dec 6 '16 at 23:54

Yes, it's correct ! Nothing more to say.

But you can also write : " Bienvenue dans les toilettes ! "

Edit: Because Lambie:

You can as well use " Bienvenue aux toilettes ! ", and it's grammatically more correct than the previous sentence.

• Comments are not for extended discussion; this conversation has been moved to chat. – Evpok Dec 8 '16 at 13:05

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.