How do I say that? L'autre image est plus drôle que ce ca? I don't understand how to build the last part, please help me.

L'autre image est plus drôle que celle-ci. When the word is masculine, celui-ci. L'autre livre est plus cher que celui-ci. (also: plural: ceux-ci, masculine plural and celles-ci, feminine plural). – Lambie Jan 18 '17 at 18:52
  • merci beaucoup! – Enma Nii Jan 18 '17 at 18:59
    @EnmaNii - you might want to upvote answers you like :-) – Frank Jan 18 '17 at 19:10

The other picture is funnier (than this one)

would be translated as:

L'autre image est plus amusante (que celle-ci).

"Celui-ci, celle-ci, ceux-ci, celles-ci" are "pronoms démonstratifs" that need to agree in gender and number with the thing they refer to. Here, "image" being feminine, in the singular, "celle-ci" is what you need, and for the plural "celles-ci".

C'est un forum de traduction maintenant?? Pronouns aren't adjusted, they are used....They are called demonstrative pronouns in English. Talking about mixing it up. [I don't mean confuse by mix up] – Lambie Jan 18 '17 at 19:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.