I am making a scrapbook of me and my boyfriend. I wonder what would be the equivalent of memories in French?

Angela and Angelo's memories for example.

A fair question for a language learner, but the use of a good dictionary requires much less than the hour it takes to wait for a good answer on an exchange site. Always check the separate entries for each meaning. For example, according to Collins, the mental "faculty" of memory is mémoire but specific "recollections" are souvenirs. This helps figure out which one you need. – Luke Sawczak Feb 19 '17 at 17:46

It would be souvenirs. Mémoires is very different, and would refer to a book about memories of a person, close to a biography, maybe more like a diary. There are also more technical usages of mémoires. In any case, the word you want in your situation is souvenirs.

| improve this answer | |

Memories in French is Les mémoires which directly translates in to a specific recollection. If you want to find out French words, always check http://www.wordreference.com/fren/.

les mémoires d'Angela et Angelo.

| improve this answer | |
    This translation would look very weird to a French speaker. – GAM PUB Feb 19 '17 at 9:44
    This answer was in my 'notification box' for approval of someone's editing, most only spelling. I added the link to the online dictionary, which I presumed to be the intention of the original contributor. I don't know anything about the appropriateness of the translation. – Catomic Feb 19 '17 at 10:08
  • @Catomic I was in a similar position using the review queue for the first time recently. One doesn't know if one should scrap an answer entirely, so one edits it till it's a palatable mush. :p – Luke Sawczak Feb 19 '17 at 17:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.