This is part of a document about mindfulness. There is that very peculiar phrasing :

"Instead consider it a way to mix things up a bit, a different approach and a fresh way to come at the day."

Am I right to understand "to come at the day" as : "aborder/entamer/accueillir la journée" ?

• You are absolutly right. – le_daim Apr 3 '17 at 10:23
  • I am quite OK with that. I would pick between aborder and entamer - though accueillir is pretty nice in this context, source does not include such positive emotion (ie welcome this day). – Eric Lecoutre Apr 3 '17 at 11:08
  • To add a quick remark: Note that "come at the day" is not a fixed expression since "come at" can appear in many phrases, and generally means "approach" (indeed in the sense of aborder). A common collocation is "come at ___ from a different angle". – Luke Sawczak Apr 3 '17 at 17:14

On utilise aussi volontiers 'attaquer' : "une approche différente et novatrice pour attaquer la journée."

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.