I am translating an official letter and I am struggling with this sentence (part of a numbered item list)

Receipt from you of a Contract the terms of which we are satisfied with

I was able to modify it a bit for clarity, into:

La réception de votre proposition du Contrat, dont les termes sont pour nous satisfaisants

I expecially wanted to avoid Avec les termes duquel. However, I realized I had to make changes to both parts of the sentence and I am afraid it changes the meaning too much.

What is a better translation for this sentence?

• "d'une votre" is incorrect. – Destal Apr 12 '17 at 9:39
  • @SimonDéchamps edited. It was from a previous draft, thank you – laureapresa Apr 12 '17 at 9:40

Depending on how your list of items is introduced, the article might be optional; no capital for contrat and there should be no comma before dont. I would slightly modify the first part of your sentence that way:

Réception de votre part d'un contrat dont les termes sont pour nous satisfaisants

or, to remove the potential ambiguity introduced by de votre part:

Réception d'un contrat de votre part dont les termes sont pour nous satisfaisants

|improve this answer|||||
  • "Réception de votre part" me laisse penser que ce sont les autres qui ont reçu le contrat. – Destal Apr 12 '17 at 11:15
  • @SimonDéchamps ok, réponse modifiée. – jlliagre Apr 12 '17 at 11:32
  • About the article, in depends on how the list is introduced. – Stéphane Gimenez Apr 12 '17 at 11:36
  • @StéphaneGimenez Indeed, answer updated. – jlliagre Apr 12 '17 at 11:38

Je tenterai un : Réception de votre contrat dont les termes nous sont satisfaisants.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.