• Is d'accord the right word to say okay in French or are there any other words that can be used to say okay in French?
  • In what situation can I use d'accord ?
  • I need an example of d'accord

closed as off-topic by Toto, Laure, ﺪﺪﺪ, Jylo, Kareen Apr 25 '17 at 16:58

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Please look up the meaning of words or expressions in a dictionary first. If you did so and found nothing satisfactory, mention that in your question. Do give context for where you heard or saw the word." – Toto, Laure, ﺪﺪﺪ, Jylo, Kareen
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Consulting a dictionary could be a great help before you ask a question on FL. This is quite a good online dictionary, it will give you the various ways to say OK in French and lots of examples. If you are not sure what to use in a precise situation you have in mind then you can ask a more precise question here. – Laure Apr 24 '17 at 6:33
    OK exists in french as well (don't write it okay). – Mistalis Apr 24 '17 at 6:53
  • “I need an example” “Vous avez besoin d'un exemple? D'accord!” – ﺪﺪﺪ Apr 24 '17 at 9:50
  • "Qu'il en soit ainsi". – Destal Apr 24 '17 at 9:54
    In English okay/OK is often used to introduce a new topic, not in the sense "I agree". For example, "OK, what can I do to help?" It is my understanding that "d'accord" can't be used in this way, but rather "bon" or "bien" should be used: "Bon, en quoi puis-je être utile ?" – mlj Apr 24 '17 at 18:22

In spoken French you can say :

1. OK !
  2. D'accord !
  3. Je suis d'accord [avec toi].
  4. OK, je suis d'accord [avec toi].

But you have to write :

1. Je suis d'accord [avec toi].

Source: I am French.

You can say OK in french.

'Je suis d'accord' means 'I agree'

• You can say it but it does not answer the question. D'accord is the translation of OK or Okay. – Lambie Apr 24 '17 at 15:19

You can say d'accord, but at least half of current usage would be 'OK'. Throw in 'okey dokey' and you'll lose your audience completely though :-)

• I see a fair amount "Okidok" (with a pronunciation close to 'okey dokey') in SMS and other informal short messages from my friends, and I hear from time to time, so I don't think your audience would be lost by "okey dokey". That said, most of my friends spend a lot of time listening/reading/watching stuff in English, so YMMV :) – Luris Aug 31 '18 at 11:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.