I'm trying to do some building work on my house.

I've asked a question and the gent came up with skimcoat with drywall compound.

I did some search on the Internet for some decent translation but I could not find any.

Any help is more than welcome.

  • You mean you are doing work on your house or home. Work at home means you work on a computer or stuff envelopes or something.
    – Lambie
    Commented Jul 2, 2017 at 15:56

1 Answer 1


I think the noun enduit is a good translation for skim coat:

  1. CONSTR. Fin revêtement appliqué sur les parements d'une construction, afin de les protéger, de leur donner une meilleure apparence. Enduit de mortier, de plâtre; enduit tyrolien.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.