I have "...et n'a pas l'intention de rester" (not sure if that is correct), but I really want to add in the word actually as I feel it would make the sentence a lot better (in this case). Thanks in advance!

Think about how you would explain the meaning or purpose of actually in this sentence. If you can find a way to explain it, add it to your question. Then we may try to find a way to express that. Actually in itself doesn't mean much, it's just punctuation. – Stéphane Gimenez Aug 4 '17 at 21:37
    can you add some piece of context, that piece can have a lot of interpretation by itself. – Charly Aug 7 '17 at 13:29
  • @StéphaneGimenez I'd say it can be more than punctuation depending on the situation! I think the key is "contrary to appearances, expectations, or claims", and potentially adds a damning element here. But as Charly says, it's hard to know without more of the context. – Luke Sawczak Aug 7 '17 at 13:52

Possibly: ...et n'a pas vraiment l'intention de rester

I would like to say that this would possibly be: "...et il n'avait pas vraiment l'intention de rester"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.