Qu’est-ce que vous faites ?

C'est ma première fois à envoyer une carte pour vous,Merci beaucoup pour ...

Je garde de bons souvenirs à Bordeaux.

Nous vous souhaitons de joyeuses fêtes de Noël et une excellente année 2018.

c'est santé

Ning

1. how to say thanks for your kind in french(cuz i spend one week in her place)

2. Is this kind of polite? is it right or not

merci beaucoup ^^

• Qu’est-ce que vous faites ? => What are you doing ? I guess you meant Comment allez vous ?

• C'est la première fois que je vous envoie une carte would be more correct but makes wonder what you mean...

• Merci beaucoup pour votre gentillesse / pour la gentillesse avec laquelle vous m'avez reçu(e) (e if you're a girl)

• The sentence about christmas is correct, even though it's quite early [edit : ...or not, as told me Luke, since it's for Xmas, what I didn't notice]... Note that it means "we wish", not "I wish"

• c'est santé : doesn't mean anything ;)

Thanks to automatic translators :)

Being that the card will be sent at Christmas, I doubt that « Joyeuses fêtes » will be early :p – Luke Sawczak Oct 12 '17 at 14:26
  • oh yes, didn't notice the title :) – Emmanuel BRUNO Oct 12 '17 at 14:31
  • Merci beaucoup Luke and Emmanuel ^^ – Ning Oct 13 '17 at 8:52
    You didn't address "Je garde de bons souvenirs à Bordeaux" and I was wondering if that could also be "DE Bordeaux" depending on what s/he means? Re "c'est santé, that certainly doesn't mean anything! Maybe s/he was trying for something like "Bonne année, bonne santé" cc: @Ning – Papa Poule Oct 13 '17 at 19:21
    You're right, "Je garde de bons souvenirs à Bordeaux" would mean he is in Bordeaux with his memories, while "Je garde de bons souvenirs de Bordeaux" means he is... wherever and has good memories about his stay in Bordeaux. For "c'est santé" I don't know, you might be right, I thought of a bad traduction of cheers... – Emmanuel BRUNO Oct 13 '17 at 19:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.