I want to find one word to express the business model here. For example, in some online dressing store (eg, videdressing.com), the provider of the site takes eg, 5% of the price from the seller when a product is sold. Is there a french word to say this business model of taking a percentage from sellers?

• I don't know if the "brick-and mortar" term "vente en/par consignation" is used in/would be applicable to online boutiques (nothing is physically consigned, so probably not), but it does involve (according to the link @ par.9) "[the consignee(/site provider?) receiving] un pourcentage, une somme fixe ou une marge," & if the site provider has an exclusive right to insist that the product be sold only on his/her site, maybe some kind of "virtual consignment" could somehow be argued, making the notion perhaps relevant to your scenario. – Papa Poule Oct 16 '17 at 22:48

The percentage would be called une commission.

About the business model, I guess we would say that the provider est rémunéré à la commission.

You could also say that the provider se rémunère via un pourcentage sur les ventes. Or par une commission sur les ventes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.