This sentence was in a podcast I listen to, at the 2:15 mark of the most recent episode "Le Pourpier." I checked the transcript to confirm I had heard it right.

I'm quite confused by it-- I would have thought this would need to be "Nous sommes voilà donc accros au pourpier"....why does this sentence not need a verb? It seems to read (approximately) "So, we addicted to purslane!"

I'd translate it to "Here we are, addicted to purslane" which then includes the verb. There are many cases where no verb is valid "En route pour de nouvelles aventures" is often used and would translate to "On our way towards new adventures" which also has no verb but again "we are on our way to new adventures" would be implied. – Everts Nov 23 '17 at 7:02

Point besoin du verbe pour faire des phrases. Une réponse certes un peu concise, mais une réponse tout de même, pour un phrasé rendu de plus amplement acceptable par la présence étymologique d'un verbe. Et vois-là !

• Vous semblez indiquer qu'un phrasé qui ne contient pas même indirectement l'étymon d'un verbe serait acceptable. Mais est/serait-ce une phrase a part entière ? Autrement qu'est-ce formellement ? Une locution, un groupe quelconque ? Merci ! – user3177 Nov 25 '17 at 0:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.