"Foudre" is "lightning"+" thunder" but when I look for the translation of "foudre" I find only "lightning"

Someone has an idea ? Thank you (I'm a native french speaker from Belgium)

  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about the English language. You can ask it on English Language & Usage or English Language Learners, but make clear what kind of word you are looking for and for what reasons. – Stéphane Gimenez Jan 4 '18 at 19:27
  • I see. Sorry I was not sure where to go since it's the translation of a french word but thanks for the redirection. – user15883 Jan 4 '18 at 19:48
  • "Foudre/lightning" is composed of "Eclair/lightning strike (/flash)" (flash of light) and "Tonnerre/thunder" (sound) that occur during a storm called "Orage/thunderstorm". Hope this helps even though the question is put on hold. – refreshfr Jan 5 '18 at 13:33
  • 1
    This is not about English, either. It's about translation from French to English. – Lambie Jan 5 '18 at 14:51
  • @refreshfr thanks, that is what I found finally but I thought that lightning is "éclair" too ? Maybe it's only a false usage though. – user15883 Jan 5 '18 at 15:25