"Foudre" is "lightning"+" thunder" but when I look for the translation of "foudre" I find only "lightning"

Someone has an idea ? Thank you (I'm a native french speaker from Belgium)

closed as off-topic by Stéphane Gimenez Jan 4 '18 at 19:27

• This question does not appear to be about French language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about the English language. You can ask it on English Language & Usage or English Language Learners, but make clear what kind of word you are looking for and for what reasons. – Stéphane Gimenez Jan 4 '18 at 19:27
  • I see. Sorry I was not sure where to go since it's the translation of a french word but thanks for the redirection. – user15883 Jan 4 '18 at 19:48
  • "Foudre/lightning" is composed of "Eclair/lightning strike (/flash)" (flash of light) and "Tonnerre/thunder" (sound) that occur during a storm called "Orage/thunderstorm". Hope this helps even though the question is put on hold. – refreshfr Jan 5 '18 at 13:33
    This is not about English, either. It's about translation from French to English. – Lambie Jan 5 '18 at 14:51
  • @refreshfr thanks, that is what I found finally but I thought that lightning is "éclair" too ? Maybe it's only a false usage though. – user15883 Jan 5 '18 at 15:25