I'm trying to explain to some teenagers that I have "assignments", but it always gets translated as
« mission » or « affectation » and they don't understand. The same happens with other types of school work and I don't know the names of them.
At least for me, there are 5 types of school work:
- School work: Things you do in class. Not graded.
- Homework: « devoir », school work at home. Not graded.
- Test: Test on a specific topic in a subject, done at school. Graded.
- Exam: A big test, usually summarising an entire subject, done at school. Graded
- Assignment: Take-home work, much like homework, but is actually graded, typically 2 weeks to complete it.
When I asked, they seemed to be clueless of assignments because the only things in the BAC that is taken home are devoirs and the TPE.
Can somebody please clear up for me how to differentiate between these 5 things?