Disclaimer: I'm not a french speaker.

I'm writing a short story in which I want to use a french phrase for a beautifully manicured garden/arboretum, something which would mean something similar to "slice of heaven" or "piece of nature".

I tried to google but all I get are literal translations such as "coin de paradis" and "morceau de nature". I'm not sure how correct they are. Can anyone suggest a good poetic, descriptive phrase for it?

Sample Sentence - This arboretum is my refuge, my home away from home, my "french phrase".

Mon morceau de nature wouldn't work but mon petit coin de paradis would be just fine.

• "mon petit coin de paradis" -> that means "My little slice of heaven", correct ? Although, to be honest, it sounds like a mouthful, is there something more...umm, concise? – user96551 Apr 11 '18 at 19:54
  • Literally, yes, or maybe my little "nook" of heaven. – jlliagre Apr 11 '18 at 19:56
    This phrase sounds fine in French and is idiomatic. I don't think about anything more concise, maybe just mon petit paradis. – jlliagre Apr 11 '18 at 20:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.