J'ai eu l'examen du bacc ce matin, et on a cette phrase:

Hier j'ai acheté des gâteaux......... la pâtisserie

Les choix possibles étaient :

{A} chez

{B} de

{C} pour

Je crois que la bonne réponse est "pour", si on estime que "la pâtisserie " est une construction, et qu'elle ne signifie pas le magasin. J'ai vraiment besoin d'aide !

As a French, I'll have answered " Hier, j'ai acheté des gâteaux à la pâtisserie". By the way, there is a problem with tense, you can't says "Hier, " + present, it must be "Hier, " + past.

Since "à" is not a valid answer, let's try other ones:

A - chez. Hier, j'ai acheté des gâteaux chez la pâtisserie. "Chez" has to be used with a person. The correct sentence would have been "Hier, j'ai acheté des gâteaux chez le pâtissier." (Pâtissier means pastry cook)

B - de. Hier, j'ai acheté des gâteaux de la pâtisserie. No problem, it means you bought some pastries which came from the pastry (the building). It's a bit redundant but technically correct.

C - pour. Hier, j'ai acheté des gâteaux pour la pâtisserie. Here it means that you bought pastries in order to bring them to a pastry (the building). While this sentence could be said, you'll never do that.

So if I had to take a guess, I'll say B - de. It's not the perfect answer but it's the best of the three. C - pour could have been too but b - de is more common and correct.

• achete is just an writing mistake....could pâtisserie mean desserts or cakes, and the meaning is thought to be "j'ai acheté des gâteaux pour le dessert " – user179312 Jun 7 '18 at 13:33
  • "j'ai acheté des gâteaux pour le dessert " is correct but here dessert refer specifically to the end of the meal. But in this context, pâtisserie refer to the building where you buy pastries. – Ckankonmange Jun 7 '18 at 13:36
  • la pâtisserie doesn't mean le dessert. This sentence can not use "pour", the correct answer is B I think. – Tim Lepage Jun 7 '18 at 13:38
  • But could "pâtisserie " mean dessert, gâteaux, bonbons, candy ? That what i mean – user179312 Jun 7 '18 at 13:39
  • "Pâtisserie" is a type of dessert. It refers to all types of cold and sweet desserts you can usually buy in a "boulangerie" (bakery). – Ckankonmange Jun 7 '18 at 13:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.