I would like to improve my listening abilities post French A-level. I am currently struggling to find any sites where they have French TV/movies but with English subtitles. Occasionally you can find videos that do this on YouTube, but the quality of the subtitles is often not great.

• my tags are probably off, but i couldnt find any suitable! – Permian Aug 14 '18 at 13:26
    Well one thing you could do is buy DVD's/BluRays already. The tv channel TV5 if you manage to get it is also often broadcasting in French with French subtitles, if it can help. Please note though that subtitles are not a litteral transcription of the speach. Sometimes it will be the same, sometimes what is said just can't fit into the rules for subtitles editing, so the subtitles are only ceonveying the same meaning, but with different words. – Laurent S. Aug 14 '18 at 13:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.