I wonder which one is correct "toutes les données" or "tous les données" I suspect that "toutes" is correct because "donnée" is female, however I hear a lot of people said tous so, what do you think ??

closed as off-topic by Stéphane Gimenez Oct 29 '18 at 12:25

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Please look up the meaning of words or expressions in a dictionary first. If you did so and found nothing satisfactory, mention that in your question. Do give context for where you heard or saw the word." – Stéphane Gimenez
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• You are incorrectly correct. Toutes les données because donnée is feminine ;-) – aCOSwt Oct 29 '18 at 10:47
  • I didn't get you ?? – aName Oct 29 '18 at 10:49
  • I strongly suspect that your title is responsible for the remark! (incorrectly correct) – LPH Oct 29 '18 at 10:52
  • You wrote female instead of feminine which is incorrect. But Toutes les données is correct. – aCOSwt Oct 29 '18 at 10:53
  • @StéphaneGimenez Seriously? OP knows that "données" is feminine and is wondering if there is nonetheless a grammatical rule that would somehow require to say "tous les données", apparently after hearing a native speaker say it. Where would one learn that in a dictionary? – Najib Idrissi Oct 29 '18 at 13:18

As written above, we say "toutes les données" because "donnée" is feminine. But I'm curious, where did you heard a lot of people say "tous les données" ? Can I have the context ? Maybe there was another group of masculine nouns in the same sentence ?

• While I do not think the OP being in that particular context, do not forget that donné can be a masculine noun => One could hear tous les donnés, but, of course, in some very spécific context. cnrtl.fr/definition/donn%C3%A9 (III.A.) – aCOSwt Oct 29 '18 at 11:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.