There is a French song by Sebastien Tellier titled 'L'amour et la violence'. I'd really like to know what it means and I'm looking for someone kind enough to do a translation of that as I don't speak French at all.

Dis-moi ce que tu penses

De ma vie

De mon adolescence

Dis-moi ce que tu penses

J'aime aussi

L'amour et la violence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV65tWCZALI

EDIT (after the feedback)

L'amour et la violence

The last line (L'amour et la violence), 'I also like love and violence' didn't seem right, although it makes sense as 'I like love and violence too', I just thought that there might be a subtle different interpretation of something in the lyrics as native speakers would understand it that would shed more light on what the singer means.

closed as off-topic by Stéphane Gimenez Dec 24 '18 at 22:25

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "We are not a text translation or proofreading service. If you're translating into French, be specific about the word or expression you want help with, and explain the meaning and provide context. If you're asking about the correctness of a sentence, tell us which specific word or construction you are unsure about." – Stéphane Gimenez
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• We can't give whole translations as answers on this site, but as it is short and simple, here it is : Tell me what you think ; Of my life;Of my teenage years ;Tell me what you think ; I also like love and violence – LPH Dec 24 '18 at 19:23
  • Thank you! Are you sure that the 'I also like love and violence' is correct and it's not 'I like love AND violence too'? – Gab Dec 24 '18 at 20:17
  • I am fairly sure of it; 'I like love AND violence too' would be 'J'aime l'amour et aussi la violence' (without ambiguity). however you could translate it as 'I like love and violence, too.' (unless you do not agree that the comma is use so as to Apply 'too' to both nouns or to someone) – LPH Dec 24 '18 at 20:26
  • But why does he say that? Because if you look at the previous lines it doesn't make sense. Does this line seem to be out of context in French too? – Gab Dec 24 '18 at 20:35
  • I just read your edit, I'm a bit slow here. Looks like there should be a come there then, Thanks! – Gab Dec 24 '18 at 20:38

I don't understand what is the problem. Google Translate or DeepL come in handy here:

Tell me what you think

Of my life

Of my adolescence

Tell me what you think

I also like love and violence

Above is my attempt. Below, there is another translation from the site:

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/lamour-et-la-violence-love-and-violence.html

Love and Violence

Tell me what you think

Of my life

Of my adolescence

Tell me what you think

I like love and violence too

Tell me what you think

• I've been on that site and I've tried online translators too including google. But the last line didn't seem to fit in the context and I was wandering if French people (or someone with good French) would interpret something differently as I'm trying to understand the song. – Gab Dec 24 '18 at 19:44
  • @Gab Which line? – dimitris Dec 24 '18 at 19:50
  • @Gab I did a googling but I found but one site talking about this song and its meaning. Unfortunately, it is in French. senscritique.com/morceau/L_Amour_et_La_Violence/critique/… You can go paragraph by paragraph by Google translate and if something doesn't make sense, you can post it as a question. Of course, this is not a most perfect solution but rather a workaround. (Btw, I suggest you lean French ASAP. It is an amazing language:-)!) – dimitris Dec 24 '18 at 19:57
  • The last line, 'I also like love and violence' didn't seem right, although it makes sense as 'I like love and violence too', I just thought that there might be a subtle different interpretation of something in the lyrics as native speakers would understand it that would shed more light on what the singer means.I'm sure French is a nice language but I'm personally not interested. :) – Gab Dec 24 '18 at 20:15
  • @Gab : Having finished with the translation, I edited your question concentrating on the line that you are interested in. In this way, I think you will receive more feedback. Basically, FSE is not a translation site and normally one does not get translation from French into English (it works the other way but stil the question should be as precise as possible). – dimitris Dec 24 '18 at 20:23

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.