I'm thinking about taking the Cambridge AS Level of French Language in the late 2020, I wonder which level (B1, B2...) would this be on? Is it enough for me to spend 1-2 hours daily to get ready for it from now on?

Link to the specimen papers: https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-french-language-as-level-only-8682/past-papers/

I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not about the French language as such, and SE Language Learning would be more appropriate. – Laure Jul 7 at 8:20
  • According to skills I would say Cambridge AS ranges from CEFR B2 to C1 levels. – Laure Jul 7 at 8:45

It 's impossible to assess; your present level is what matters most; if you're starting from scratch I'd say one to two hours is not enough; the sample texts are in average French, containing no recherché vocabulary; however the connections to be made between words, as asked by the examiners, are rather difficult; this other task required from the test taker, the rephrasing of whole parts of sentences requires a lot of experience in order to come up with idiomatic equivalents that'll match the original formulation; those are two of the elements I noticed in those tests. It depends also on how fast you learn and on the learning method; there haven't been as yet any magic tricks: learning a language is a difficult task.

You might try this self imposed schedule of yours and see what happens; you'll have the results of a first test so as to go at it again with a better idea of what you need.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.