On a website, what should be the text of a hyperlink which someone would click to "sign in" or "log in" to a site? How about to "sign out" or "log out" of the site?


2 Answers 2


Usually, in french we use :

  • S'enregistrer / Enregistrement pour sign in
  • Se connecter / Connexion pour log in

Inversement :

  • Se déconnecter / Déconnexion pour log out

For "sign in" there are two terms often used; they are "se connecter" and "connexion". For "sign out" you use "se déconnecter" and "déconnexion" (see wordreference).

These terms are used by Facebook (see the picture below);

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.