In this interview at +- 4:59 the man says

Lorsqu'on brigue le suffrage des électeurs, il vaut mieux se dire démocrate.

How does one say in english "On brigue le suffrage des electeurs"?

closed as off-topic by LPH, Laure SO - Écoute-nous, Stéphane Gimenez Sep 7 at 15:27

• This question does not appear to be about French language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is asking about English and not about Fench. – Laure SO - Écoute-nous Sep 7 at 14:44
  • By the way did you notice you can have English subtitles to the video? And this is Arte, the subtitles are usually reliable. I checked this one, it is OK. – Laure SO - Écoute-nous Sep 7 at 14:51
  • HOW is it possible that this answer is closed when you have "How do you say “to hell with everything” in French?", "Façons d'exprimer « ça m'a touché »" or "Comment traduire « full of beans » : adjectif simple, syntagme ou locution ?". It really seems ridiculous to me how arbitrary those decisions are! – SteffX Sep 13 at 17:14
  • @SteffX You might not have noticed you are on French Language and we do not answer questions about English. There are two SE sites where people can ask questions about English, no reason to mix attributions. What is ridiculous is (to use your word) is that if the OP had been just slightly more attentive they would have seen the subtitles on the video, no need to ask anyone. – Laure SO - Écoute-nous Sep 14 at 11:52
  • @SteffX: People are welcome to ask if they don't know the meaning of something, but asking how to phrase a translation of something they seem to already understand is better suited for a site focused on English. – Maroon Sep 15 at 6:21

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.