Very often, while listening to live DJs on radio stations I hear the phrase written as heard radifandit'r, my first thoughts were that it means radio van d'etre or radio dans l'etre, so I concluded that it should mean something like radio on the air or on the air, meaning that the broadcast is live. The question is how do you say radio is on the air and how do I write radifandit'r in french??

I have added audio from the radio https://soundcloud.com/scram-blers-63496289/rad2

New contributor
Triak is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.
    You probably mean en direct. Diffusion en direct – Laure SO - Écoute-nous Nov 30 at 20:57
    What radio stations? Radifandit'r doesn't sound like anything French, maybe rediffusion. Would you pronounce it the French way or the English one? "On the air" commonly translates to à l'antenne. – jlliagre Dec 1 at 0:08
  • I added audio from the radio now – Triak Dec 4 at 14:57
    I was just writing a comment to ask you for audio. If what you've been wondering is the thin repeated 5 or 6 times in the audio clip you link to, then you should hear "David Vendetta" – Laurent S. Dec 4 at 14:59
  • So what does the audio say ? – Triak Dec 4 at 15:09

It depends very much on your interlocutor: if you are a radio professional talking to a technician in a French radio station your could say "On est live, coco".

If you want a more literary and old-fashioned expression you could say "nous radiodiffusons en ce moment, mon ami".

• The question was anything but clear but was edited in the meantime and now this doesn't answer the question at all. – Laurent S. Dec 4 at 15:04
  • @un3hiv3r > Certainement. Il y a certainement des millions de réponses plus intéressantes que celle que j'aurais pu faire (et que je n'ai volontairement pas faite), mais si elles ne répondent pas à la question elles n'ont rien à faire sur SE. A vrai dire c'est simplement la question qui n'a que peu de valeur pour SE. – Laurent S. Dec 4 at 17:03
  • @LaurentS. Oui je comprends, mais pourquoi ne pas alors modifier la question pour qu'elle traite exclusivement de « on the air » ou est-ce que cette question-là ne conviendrait pas ? On peut recycler, de toutes façons même en fermant la question elle reste « dans le système ». Je vois ça comme une forme d'aléa dont on peut peut-être tirer profit. Bof. – un3hiv3r 2 days ago

Your Answer

Triak is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.