I am trying to explain to a responsible that my inscription on a website was not accpeted because the document I've uploaded was not conform. As a consequence, I made an appointment with that service in order to table a paper version of the document.

I tried the following:

Bonjour, J'ai essayé d'inscrire sur le site ..... mais malheurement ma candidature n'est pas été accepté parce que le document n'est pas confome. Pour cela, j'ai pris un rendez-vous avec leur service pour déposer la version papier du document.

Could you please help correct this email?

Thank you for your help.

and possibly explain to what the document was not conform. – jlliagre Mar 11 at 20:40

Bonjour, j'ai essayé **de m'**inscrire sur le site ....

the verb is : s'inscrire in this case.

mais malheureusement ma candidature n'a pas été acceptée parce que le document n'est pas conforme.

n'a pas été acceptée, because it is the passive form, constructed with avoir auxiliary

J'ai pris un rendez-vous avec leur service pour déposer la version papier du document et ainsi valider mon inscription.

"Pour cela" seem weird here (can't really explain why :'( )

| improve this answer | |
  • Afin de remplacer Pour cela, on pourrait aussi utiliser Pour y remédier ( un peu formel) ou Pour régler ce problème. – Damien Mar 12 at 12:52
  • You can also use Cependant (However) in place of Mais malheureusement (less negative view), and drop the un in J'ai pris un rendez-vous. If Pour cela seems weird, it's because it may imply a solution to a goal set in the previous sentence. In this paragraph, there's no goal: it is just said that the inscription was not successfull. – Lyzvaleska Mar 12 at 17:02

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.