I would like to identify an old French movie about an infant born into a very poor family. The child is adopted by a rich, childless family and grows up in a well-to-do environment. Many years later, as a young man, he returns to the village where he was born and is rather disgusted with his origins. I do not remember what else happens in the movie. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

• You may find something here : agence-adoption.fr/mediatheque-2/filmographie-sur-ladoption – grouah Jul 6 '20 at 20:59
    This belongs on movies.stackexchange.com – Circeus Jul 6 '20 at 21:06
  • @Circeus Why was this question closed and not migrated to movies.se ? – Teleporting Goat Jul 8 '20 at 12:07
  • @TeleportingGoat If I understand well, this question was first asked on movies, closed, asked here, closed here, migrated to movies and finally this migration was rejected by movies ! Before migrate a question, we should pay attention it respects rules on the other site, when we can of course – Damien Jul 8 '20 at 18:41
  • @TeleportingGoat I'm not a mod, I wouldn't know. It would still be irrelevant to this site as it is not a question about the French Language. – Circeus Jul 9 '20 at 0:23

La vie est un long fleuve tranquille ?

• I agree that the description fits, however I am fairly sure that the action of the movie I'm looking for takes place either in the 19th c. or early in the 20th c. – Andrei Jul 7 '20 at 0:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.