Uncorrected proofs are Articles in Press that have been copy-edited and formatted, but have not been finalized yet. They still need to be proof-read and corrected by the author(s) and the text could still change before final publication.


What is the French counterpart term or expression for this?

2 Answers 2


Il est apparent que c'est le terme de langue anglaise « uncorrected proof » qui soit utilisé dans le monde scientifique de langue française. Tout au moins on le trouvera en filigrane sur les articles.

Deux exemples (Il en existe d'autres.)

1/ enter image description here

2/ UNCORRECTED PROOF - Paris School of Economics

Cependant, le terme semble avoir une traduction et celle-ci est « épreuves non-corrigées » (reverso).


There might be a dedicated expression, otherwise I would suggest:

Ébauche finale.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.