How do you say “He is quite beneficial to his elder brothers when he attends their meetings.”?

All I have gotten so far is “Il est passablement bénéfique à ses frères aînés quand il va à leurs réunions.”

I’m unsure about “passablement”.

Il est extrêmement utile/d'une aide inestimable à ses frères aînés lorsqu'il participe à leur rencontre.
Il aide énormément ses frères aînés lorsqu'il participe à leur rencontre.
Il se rend très utile à ses frères aînés lorsqu'il participe à leur rencontre.
Ça fait vraiment du bien à ses frères aînés quand il va les voir. [really does them some good/makes them feel better]
Lorsqu'il participe à leur rencontre, ça leur [to them] est vraiment bénéfique. [be benefical]

If quite is not about the highest degree but rather moderately, some of these adverbs may be replaced by the colloquial pas mal i.e. pas mal utile etc..

• Hello @ ZéhontéeBonteuse . Is there a reason why you didn’t use the adjective bénéfique?
    – Noybwbh
    Feb 10 at 17:46
  • @ZéhontéeBonteyse May I ask why you think it didn’t fit the bill?
    – Noybwbh
    Feb 10 at 18:00
  • I understand, thank you. So the part of idkidkid’s sentence which say “Il est passablement bénéfique à ses frères aînés...” is a possibility then?
    – Noybwbh
    Feb 10 at 18:19
    Oh I understand, thank you again. So that part of the sentence is grammatically correct but it’s not idiomatic to you. Understood.
    – Noybwbh
    Feb 10 at 18:32
  • @jlliagre “He is somewhat beneficial to...” is the meaning the sentence “He is quite beneficial to...” is conveying. It is written in the dictionary written by Oxford Languages that one of the definitions of the word quite is “ to a certain or fairly significant extent or degree; fairly.”. I’m sorry as I see I should have provided more context.
    – Idkidkid
    Feb 10 at 20:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.