I remember that there was this advertisement and trailer on TV for an anniversary or special edition DVD on Blu-Ray for the Walt Disney 1991 film Beauty and the Beast! I remember that Lumiere speaks French at the end with the last two words being Mon Chéri but I don't remember what anniversary or special edition it was!

What Lumière says in French in the advertisement and trailer is not the same thing that Lumière says in French in the film!

I suggest asking at Movies Stack Exchange movies.stackexchange.com
    – Luke Sawczak
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 0:06
    I’m voting to close this question because it is not related to the French language or finer points of usage.
    – livresque
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 2:19
    I don't understand why this question was responded to so negatively. Anyway, it would be good to have the link.
    – Lambie
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 16:02
    I’m voting to close this question because it is not a question about the finer points of the French language.
    – None
    Commented Oct 29, 2023 at 7:01
    What even is the question? Commented Jun 26 at 11:41

1 Answer 1

Based on Luke Sawczak's link, Lumière says:

Enchanté, chérie

Which means "Nice to meet you, darling".

• It's good to know what Lumière says on Luke Sawczak's link except that I didn't think of mentioning that what Lumière says in French in the advertisement and trailer is not the same thing that Lumière says in French in the film!
    – Ana Maria
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 20:12
    @AnaMaria Well, how about you give us the link?
    – Lambie
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 20:53
  • I don't remember what anniversary or special edition it was! That's why I'm asking this question! Hopefully someone will provide us with a correct link!
    – Ana Maria
    Commented Feb 5, 2022 at 21:41
    @AnaMaria we likely don't have the expertise to know what trailer/advertistment has the different dialogue, but as Luke suggested, maybe they would know on Movies.SE ; feel free to update your question if you get a link. i'm curious about this, too, given that Beauty and the Beast used to be one of my favourite Disney movies!
    – silph
    Commented Feb 6, 2022 at 2:35
  • @silph Sadly they instantly closed her question over there, God knows why :( I would've thought it was right up their alley...
    – Luke Sawczak
    Commented Feb 6, 2022 at 13:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.