wooden utensils

In English I suppose I would call it a "scoop", although that's ambiguous. I think I've heard it called a "cuillere à grosselle" (not sure of the spelling), but googling for that turns up nothing. Is there a dedicated word for one of these objects?


Selon ce qu'on ramasse avec, ça s'appelle pelle à farine, pelle à sucre, pelle à bonbon, pelle à gros sel, pelle à grain...

Donc, pas cuillère contrairement à l'anglais spoon. Et pas pelle tout court, qui fait penser à l'outil pour creuser des trous dans la terre.

  • Dans certains cas, ça peut être une cuillère, par exemple ice cream scoop = cuillère à glace. Sep 6 '13 at 9:18
  • Pelle à gros sel rend en effet plus de résultats Google que cuillère. Ou pelle à thé dans mon cas.
    – Jack M
    Sep 6 '13 at 11:08
  • @Gilles - Les cuillères à glace n'ont pas cette forme.
    – mouviciel
    Sep 6 '13 at 16:00
  • @mouviciel Oui, pardon, je voulais dire que le mot scoop est traduit par cuillère dans certains contextes mais je n'ai pas été clair. Sep 6 '13 at 16:22

Okay, I found it minutes after posting the question. Turns out the corect spelling was "cuillère à gros sel" ("rock salt spoon"). The scant results in google for that query indicate that that's probably not a super common name, though.

Not sure if I should leave this question up or not - other readers might find it interesting.

  • I do. Please keep it!
    – NNOX Apps
    Oct 6 '13 at 11:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.